Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brassplyer Brassplyer is offline

Default Insights temperature probe cooking with old Sharp Carousel II?

Anyone familiar with ancient Sharp microwave ovens? I have a Sharp Carousel II model R-7350 and so far haven't found the user manual online for this specific model. This particular model seems to be a ghost, I only find a couple of pics of one like it online.

It's probably from the late 70's or early 80's, it was given to me used as a gift years ago. I have the temperature probe but I've never used it and wanted to give temp probe cooking a try. Pretty sure the probe has never been used. I ran an alcohol soaked cotton swab up inside the socket multiple times to clean out accumulated gunk, though it was pretty clean given the small amount of residue visible on the swab.

So far I can't get it to work following directions on a different Carousel model that uses a probe. I don't know if this function is kaput or I'm just not pushing the right buttons. It's a 40-ish year old unit but it works flawlessly otherwise. I get as far as getting it to display the temperature and the temp cooking mode but the "temp" just blinks at me, can't get it to actually turn on and begin cooking.

Anyone familiar with this unit and have insight? Including a link to a pic of it if that helps.

Thanks!

https://i.ibb.co/hCnswtv/Sharp-R-7350.jpg