Posted to rec.food.cooking
John Kuthe[_3_] John Kuthe[_3_] is offline

Default Meatloaf Appreciation Day

On Sunday, October 25, 2020 at 9:22:33 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-10-25 7:16 a.m., Gary wrote:
>
> > Went to a fancy-pants restaurant once and I asked for
> > water with the meal I ordered. Waitress asked if I wanted ice.
> > I told her, "Just a little ice, not a full glass."
> > She brought me a glass 1/4 filled with small cubes (good)
> > and a cold, unopened 16oz bottle of water.
> >
> > That cost me $3.50 ;-D
> >

> About 20 years ago my wife and I were staying at a hotel on the
> outskirts of Copenhagen and wanted a quick dinner before meeting some
> people to go for a concert. We went to a nearby restaurant and explained
> that we were in a hurry and had only 45 minutes. My wife asked for a
> glass of wine and I said I just wanted water. My wife said she would
> like water too. I had a hell of a surprise when I got the bill. Those
> bottles of water cost us $10 each.

Drinkable water is expensive many places. Plus the Brand Name! Stupid but The Market supports it! :-(

I'm spoiled in STL where our tap water tastes great and is $0.01 a gallon! Most be those two big rivers nearby, the Mississippi and Missouri!

John Kuthe...