Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Meatloaf Appreciation Day

On 2020-10-25 7:16 a.m., Gary wrote:

> Went to a fancy-pants restaurant once and I asked for
> water with the meal I ordered. Waitress asked if I wanted ice.
> I told her, "Just a little ice, not a full glass."
> She brought me a glass 1/4 filled with small cubes (good)
> and a cold, unopened 16oz bottle of water.
>
> That cost me $3.50 ;-D

About 20 years ago my wife and I were staying at a hotel on the
outskirts of Copenhagen and wanted a quick dinner before meeting some
people to go for a concert. We went to a nearby restaurant and explained
that we were in a hurry and had only 45 minutes. My wife asked for a
glass of wine and I said I just wanted water. My wife said she would
like water too. I had a hell of a surprise when I got the bill. Those
bottles of water cost us $10 each.