Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Meatloaf Appreciation Day

cshenk wrote:

> Gary wrote:
>
> > Sqwertz wrote:

> > > It depends on the location. We have a pretty decent one here, and a
> > > bad one.

> > Same here. One always good one and one bad one (one trip only)

> Looks like the one on Independence is a decent good one and it's open
> again?

Funny. The one on Independence was the bad one I went to.
Used to be one near the Damn Neck area that was always
excellent but they closed or relocated. That's why we tried
the Independence one.

> Humm, I have a hankering to take my husband out to dinner. I don't want
> to go to the actual beach front (Hate them crazy one-way roads and
> parking is a mess even with disability tags).

Those alternating one-way roads are only between Atlantic Ave
and Pacific Ave. Besides, there are NO decent restaurants right
at the oceanfront anyway.

Closest thing for a good one is on Laskin Rd. about 1/2 mile
from the oceanfront. Beach Pub. It's locally owned, very good
food and a casual atmosphere. It's a locals favorite.

Was even featured on "Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives" a few
years ago but I've still never seen that episode. I don't
watch that show often but sometimes look for the episode
in the tv guide listings.