Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Don't let your meat loaf

dsi1 wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 12:42:16 AM UTC-10, Leo wrote:
> > On 2020 Oct 7, , dsi1 wrote
> > (in
> > >):
> >
> > > You should have just eaten it. How bad could it be? You might
> > > like to try Hawaiian style kim chee. It has a lighter, fresher,
> > > taste. Nevada has got so many Hawaiians living around LV that you
> > > might be able to find it in supermarkets.

> > The container said to keep it refrigerated, it looked scary to
> > begin with, and I was askeert.

> Hawaiian kim chee is going to be light colored and friendly looking.
> A Korean kimchi is going to be a deep red and scary. Korean kimchi
> does look angry so yoose should be askeerd. You should try a happy
> Hawaiian kim chee for starters.
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoHSNMxV...jpg&name=small

I can find that one here and get it from time to time. Works for me.
It is very like a Japanese verson and may have come to you from
Japanese immigrants.

For the rest, there are 2 types of Japanese kimchee that I am familiar
with. One is fermented and the other is not. I like the fresh one best
and it's so easy to make, I do it myself on a fairly regular basis. Of
course they use other vegetables besides cabbage types

Last week or so I made one with a head of purple cabbage and jullianned
carrot. Came out nicely.