Very likely the pu-erh you got is wet storaged.
What about the wet leaves? Do they look rotten,
lack of texture? If the answer is yes, then it is
a wet storaged Pu-erh for sure. Regardless, the
one you have is not a good quality one for sure.
Try the following: wash the tea few times before
you drink it. Also, shorten your brewing time. If
you were brewing it with a gai wan, do not cover
it. Or, if you can find a thick wall rough clay
purple clay teapot, use it to brew the pu-erh you
have.

Grade 3 Pu-erh should be pretty good. Although an
expensive Pu-erh is not necessarily a good Pu-
erh, a cheap Pu-erh is for sure a low quality
one. There is just too many fixed costs in
producing a good quality one.

Also, as I have mentioned many times on this news
group, the taste of a real black (Wo Dui) pu-erh
will actually improve after being stored for a
few years.

Hope this helps.

Linda
www.teahub.com

> > wrote in message
> > http://www.teahub.com/revealpuerh.htm for more
> > info.
> >

> Judging from the description on your website,

it sounds like the Pu Erh I
> have is the wet processed variety. The tea it

makes is almost black and
> muddy looking, and the leaves themselves are

dull with no color.