crymad

magnulus wrote:

> With so many other good teas out there... my feeling is, why drink it?

For the purported health benefits, perhaps. The few Japanese
acquaintances I know who drink Puerh all do so for tonic, not taste.
I'd be interested to learn Kuri's impressions of Puerh drinking in
Japan. Not because I place greater faith in the good taste of the
Japanese when it comes to tea, but simply because I think non-Asians are
overly respectful and hesitant to voice criticism for fear of insulting
the mysterious East's rich cultural heritage.

--crymad