magnulus

> wrote in message
> The mold you find on a Pu-erh should be a white
> one, not a black one!!! Different mold can
> develop on a Pu-erh when it is placed in
> different environment. Some are good, some are
> BAD. The good apsergillus we Chinese talk about
> is NOT aspergillus niger. Not a black mold!

I can't see mold on the tea, so I cannot confirm this. However, it
definitely smells like peat- rotten vegetation and peat moss.

It's 3rd grade loose Pu-Erh from Ten Ren (they sell tea on the net).
It's cheap stuff. I don't
know if the 1st and 2nd grades are better.

> Improperly processed pu-erh
> can be harmful to your health. You may visit the
> discussion on our site at
> http://www.teahub.com/revealpuerh.htm for more
> info.

The tea is drinkable if I brew it for three minutes or so. If I brew it
a full five minutes, it's
just too nasty.

With so many other good teas out there... my feeling is, why drink it?
Like everything else, I suppose it was worth a try.