Michael Plant

.net9/30/04 17:38

>> Maybe said leaves prefer to be brewed differently from the way you
>> tried. If you could identify the tea and tell us what you did with
>> it, we might be able to help.

> thanks for your offer of help. i'm a tea drinker of
> some 25 years. i've run this tea thru the paces in terms
> of getting it to speak.
>
> what i am interested in is the phenomenon of a tea
> which appeals to the nose, but does not live up to
> its fragrance.

Teas that feature fragrance over taste are known as "nose teas"; those that
feature taste over fragrance are known as "mouth teas". I've found that it
is better to "pull" nose teas and "push" mouth teas; that is, green teas
with a lovely fragrance seem to appreciate a lower temperature than teas
whose fragrance is less of an issue. Experimentation will tell the tale.

Michael