Kent H.

You can brine cure any cut of meat you want with curing salt. It gets a
pinkish texture, more or less depending on the concentration of the
brine and the length of the cure. A relatively brief curing time will
give ribs with a very slight cured ham appearance, texture, flavor, and
taste, but not much. It's an interesting thing to try when you run out
of ideas.
Kent