View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to alt.food.wine
external usenet poster

Default TN: Anderson Valley PN, Wachau GV, 41 year old Champagne, Burgundy SB

Pork cutlet, beet/pork sausage (we got the pork box from Blue Hill at Stone Barns), couscous
Betsy chose the 1979 Veuve-Cliquot Rose Champagne. Nice pop, some decent fizz left, bitter cherry despite some sweetness, dry finish. Alive, but more interesting than delicious. B-

We planning on seafood for Saturday, but got call inviting us to friends patio for dinner then a video/movie in their yard. Dinner was Chicken breast with butternut squash tagine, kale chips, rice.

2017 Bailly-Lapierre St. Bris
I bought because its been a while since I had a St. Bris, but this is not an enticement to buy more. Maybe some mild SB character (just a hint of catpee and citrus), no Burgundy character, and basically just a dilute white wine from anywhere. C+

2014 Navarro €śLAncienne-Unfiltered€ť Pinot Noir
Red and black cherry, some tobacco and smoke, light tannins, nicely balanced. B+

Sunday oysters, grilled squid salad with mushrooms (Chanterelles, maitake, trumpet), caprese.

2016 Franz Hirtzberger €ś Rotes Tor€ś Gruner Veltliner Federspiel
White pepper and citrus blossoms on nose, peach and citrus fruit, on larger side for Federspiel but with balanced acids and nice stony finish. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.