sgbrix

Default To press or not to press

My bible is usually Pambianchi's "Techniques in Home Winemaking".
Usually I always let the batch in the primary fermentors go down to
0.990. However on pg 137 he states that when the "fermentation has
subdued and the sugar concentration has reached 0.0 Brix (between
0.990 and 0.995), the wine should be racked and transferred to another
fermentor."

This would be very preferably to me right now since I really should
leave town Monday morning for some business but as you all know the
wine comes first...

This is a zin from Lodi on old vines that I have been doing the same
way from as long as I can remember. I figure based on other years that
the pressing should not take place until possible tue-wed, me being
out of town this is not good.

Talk to me,

SG Brix