Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Experiences and opinions on Breville Thermal Pro cookware?

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 7:03:37 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> > Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > >
> > > Put a Revere pan on an electric coil stove, put a little water in it and
> > > crank the burner up. You'll see bubbles forming in a coil pattern. Why
> > > should I fight that kind of poor behavior in my tools?

> > Well, you're not talking about a couple of hot spots there. On
> > the proper size burner, half the bottom is hotter and very
> > closely spaced together.
> >
> > That's normal behavior. Put a pan on an electric coil and of
> > course the points of contact heat up immediately and the spaces
> > inbetween the coils are cooler.

> A pan with a good conductor will heat more evenly, even on gas burners:
>
> <https://www.reddit.com/r/seriouseats/comments/74js69/heating_patterns_in_various_pans/>

You do sound a bit babyish when it comes to cookware. Perhaps you
need
all the help you can get.

I've tried a few heavy bottom pans and ended up giving them away.
Cast iron pans don't impress me either and I rarely use mine.

I can pan sear then cook to med-rare a good steak in my
RevereWare frying pan. Thin as it is. I've done it for years.
Just a matter of knowing how to cook well with what you have.