Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Experiences and opinions on Breville Thermal Pro cookware?

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Put a Revere pan on an electric coil stove, put a little water in it and
> crank the burner up. You'll see bubbles forming in a coil pattern. Why
> should I fight that kind of poor behavior in my tools?

Well, you're not talking about a couple of hot spots there. On
the proper size burner, half the bottom is hotter and very
closely spaced together.

That's normal behavior. Put a pan on an electric coil and of
course the points of contact heat up immediately and the spaces
inbetween the coils are cooler.

Put that same pan on a gas burner and where the gas flames hit
the bottom of the pan, they spread out and give you more even
heating. Anyway, I've never had to "fight...poor behavior"

Just a matter of preference though between us. I like this and
you prefer that. All is fine.

I always had electric stoves until age 21 (1974). All gas
stoves since then...about 5 years of propane then natural
gas ever since. One good thing is that when the power is
out, my gas stove always works.