Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Experiences and opinions on Breville Thermal Pro cookware?

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> On 8/12/2020 1:22 AM, wrote:
>> > Thinking about replacing my aging impact-bonded cookware and ran across
>> > the Breville line. Any experiences with it? At the moment and probably
>> > for the foreseeable future I'll be using an electric stove.
>> >
>> > If not Breville what's a brand you favor?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >

>> Different things for different uses. Lodge cast iron, AllClad,
>> Farberware, couple of copper pans. Woll pan in my most used.
>>
>> I buy pieces, not sets.

> Another rehashed subject but I have a few cast iron pans rarely
> used. Most all of my cookware is RevereWare stainless steel with
> the thin (and probably worthless) copper clad bottoms.
>
> You learn to cook well with what you have.

My original was good. I wrecked the handles by putting it in the dishwasher.
Some individual pieces were replaced, then I bought a new set. Pretty crappy
and the copper isn't even applied evenly. My last purchased piece has no
copper. It came with a loose handle. Bah!

Just got this set in red:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tramontin...d=actual_color

The whole set cost less than I would normally pay for one pan. I've had the
Dutch oven of this brand before. It was good for a year or two. If this set
lasts a year, I'll be happy.

I tend to use my Rachael Ray pasta pot or a skillet more than anything. Next
most used is the Dutch Oven. Now I have two.

I still have some of the Revere ware but it's not totally flat on the bottom
so not the best for my new stove.

They sure don't make things like they used to!