Bob Simon

On 28 Sep 2004 20:05:38 GMT, (PENMART01) wrote:

>Actually if your dinnerware is particularly valuable, _to you_, neither should
>be used with steak knives. Treat yourself to an inexpensive set of generic
>dinner plates, or use metal steak platters as is used by most steakhouses.
>Folks generally don't serve steak at formal dinners that require formal
>dinnerware.

Sheldon,
Thank you for the suggestion. I did a Google search for "metal steak
plates" and found an ebay auction that may be suitable:

Do you have any idea if these are likely to be made of steel? If so,
I'll try to buy them. But my 82 year old dad is taking Aricept and
I've read that tiny amounts of aluminum can cause brain damage. I
doubt if the seller knows what they're made of but I'd feel a lot
better if I were at least somewhat confident that my steak plates were
steel.

--
Bob Simon
remove both "x"s from domain for private replies