Old 08-07-2020, 08:45 AM posted to rec.food.baking
[email protected] abbywriter1@gmail.com is offline

Default Where have all the flours gone?

On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 8:36:03 PM UTC-4, bob prohaska wrote:
It seems flour, especially bread flour but also everything else,
has gotten extremely scarce in the last few weeks. I can't even
find it on-line.

My needs aren't urgent, but when the stock gets below a couple
5-lb bags I start looking to replenish. Not possible right now.

Anybody got a hint what's going on? I can't believe all that many
folks are actually making their own bread.....

As an unrelated aside, there's a nice, if sentimental, article on
French baking culture in:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...-bread-in-lyon

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska