Posted to rec.food.cooking
Silvar Beitel[_3_] Silvar Beitel[_3_] is offline

Default Dinner 6/29/20: Veggie "Pasties"

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 9:12:51 AM UTC-4, Silvar Beitel wrote:
> I love puff pastry. This was a SWAG that worked out well.
>
> Filling: Potatoes, onion, celery, red bell pepper, sauteed in a bit of butter just to brown the edges a bit and left to cool. Then some goat cheese, Italian herb blend, and an egg, mixed together then stirred into the veggies.
>
> Filling globbed onto squares of puff pastry, folded over, sealed, pricked, and baked at 400 degrees F for ~20 minutes.
>
> Photos: <https://photos.app.goo.gl/vBqYwQHfSxK1uoq78>
>
> --
> Silvar Beitel

I ended up with more filling than I needed for 4 squares worth of puff pastry "pasties." So, last night, I tossed the excess filling with some cubed stale bread and a can of cheapo snow crab meat and a bit of milk and baked it as a small casserole. It was pretty good, IIDSSM. A little green salad with balsamic vinegar and we were all set.

The frugal me loves turning leftovers into new(ish) meals.

--
Silvar Beitel