Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sunday night....... roast beef on the gas grill

On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 8:44:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 7:19:14 PM UTC-5, Leo wrote:
> >
> > I use aluminum foil nearly every day. I tear off a six inch wide portion,
> > fold it in half, and put utensils that Im using on it. >
> > Leo
> >

> I was watching the late Jeff Smith one time a hundred years ago and he
> recommended using either a bread and butter or salad plate as a spoon
> rest. It works quite well as they're a good size and better than a
> regular spoon rest as they're just too small. At least they are to me.

I picked up a half-dozen plates about 4 inches in diameter that I use
as spoon rests. They sit in a stack near the stove and whenever I
need a clean one it's right there handy. They don't take up too
much room on my limited counter space next to the stove, so if I'm
doing, say, something with both a white sauce and a tomato sauce
there's no cross-contamination.

Foil, paper plates, and paper towels are too wasteful. The little
plates tuck into the dishwasher and represent a negligible use of
soap, water, and electricity to wash.

Cindy Hamilton