Posted to rec.food.cooking
Graham Graham is offline

Default My ongoing pizza trouble

On 2020-06-20 11:13 a.m., Silvar Beitel wrote:
> On Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 12:46:05 PM UTC-4, graham wrote:

>>> I just measure the flour and water by weight. At high hydration, I doubt storage room or proofing box humidity make much of a difference, but I don't have enough experience to be certain.
>>>

>> Is the 75% hydration for bread or AP flour? It seems a bit high for "00"
>> Italian flour.
>> Graham

> Bread flour, specifically King Arthur. I never remember to put OO on my grocery list, so I've never tried it. But thanks to you, it's on there now. :-) And of course, if you think your dough is too wet, you can always work in a bit more while you're handling it.
> I make mine in the food processor using the dough blade so it's easy to

adjust the hydration. When you try the "00", start off at 65% the add a
bit more water if you feel you need to. You should be OK to 70%. You
will find the crust is more tender. My teenager grandchildren raved
about the crust when I first made it for them. As a result, I
occasionally have to make a bunch of these bases for my son's family.