Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Martin[_4_] Sheldon Martin[_4_] is offline

Default My ongoing pizza trouble

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 Gary wrote:
>Janet wrote:
>> esp@snet wrote:

>> > How long do you heat up the stone? I always gave it 20 to 30 minutes.
>> > Bottom rack. Could your sauce be making your crust too wet before it
>> > bakes?

>> Forget the stone, its just a fancy folderol.
>>
>> Cook your pizza on a thin metal tray (such as a cookie tray; or a
>> roasting tin turned upside down).
>>
>> Preheat the oven, arrange pizza on cold tray, place tray on shelf in
>> oven.

>I always cook my pizzas on a 16" round tray. No oil on the tray.
>Cook for 20 minutes at 425F and it always turns out nice.

Pizza bakes best on a perforated metal pan or a pizza screen:
https://www.amazon.com/perforated-pi...ated+pizza+pan
https://www.amazon.com/slp/pizza-screen/mnefzdp4k8gt5mh

I have the Chicago Metallic pizza pan set; perforated pan, deep dish
pan, and pizza knife... may need to buy it separately now. The
perforated pan sits atop the deep dish pan so there's a space
underneath for ventilation, no condensation:
https://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Metal.../dp/B003YKGS36
The deep dish pizza pan is also my sticky bun pan.