Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default Remember when ?

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 10:25:07 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 9:30:15 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > Bruce wrote:

> > > Microwaved bread...

> > I know exactly what you're talking about. Microwave bread
> > slightly and fresh for a minute or so but then quickly
> > turns very hard at least on one part.
> >
> > For some reason, the microwaved burger buns never did that.
> > No kidding. Maybe because I ate them so fast...yum yum.
> > Or maybe because one of their many scary ingredients
> > contained some anti-hardening compound to stem that.
> >
> > Seriously, though...never a mv hardened bun in all of those
> > that I froze then later ate. Always frozen and reheated
> > 2 at a time.

> My guess is that your buns have a lot of oil and maybe some potato starch
> added to it. That makes for some soft bread. We made some bread with
> potato
> and butter yesterday. It's all good!
>
> ====
>
> You made bread with potato and butter???? Recipes please???

It's a Portuguese pao doce - a brioche type bread. I need to work on the
recipe a bit so I'll let you know. This morning I put some butter in a
non-stick pan, poured a little sugar on it and then laid the bread on top to
give the bread a caramelized glaze. Hoo boy!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...sDvJ-lV5reZfCS

====

That look lovely)))) Please do let me know the recipe when you are
happy with it!!

https://www.avg.com