Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Remember when ?

On 5/23/2020 2:40 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I bought 3 Hormel meatloves,

>> I would ask you to report back with a review after trying one
>> but I already know what your answer will be so nevermind. ;-D

> I dunno, never heard of them before! Found it online though.
>
> Apparently very salty and the meat is very well ground so has the
> texture almost of a pate? Reviews are mixed and most who like it, like
> it for the fast time factor.

I'd never heard of Hormel meatloaf, either, so I looked it up.

I'll save Bruce the trouble:

Caramel Color Added Ingredients: Beef and Pork, Tomato Sauce (Tomato
Paste, Vinegar, Water, Seasoning [Sugar, Salt, Flavoring, Soy
Lecithin]), Seasoning (Cracker Meal [Bleached Wheat Flour], Beef Stock,
Whey Protein Concentrate [from Milk], Dextrose, Textured Vegetable
Protein [Soy Protein Concentrate, Caramel Color], Dehydrated Onion,
Encapsulated Salt [Salt, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil], Hydrolyzed Soy
Protein, Dehydrated Bell Peppers, Caramel Color, Worcestershire Sauce
Solids [Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Salt, Caramel Color,
Garlic Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavoring on
Maltodextrin], Parsley, Flavoring), Water.

Jill