Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Remember when ?

Ophelia wrote:

> "Taxed and Spent" wrote in message ...
> On 5/22/2020 1:49 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> >

> > "Gary" wrote in message ...
> >
> > Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > >
> > > I ALWAYS GRIND MY OWN BEEF, ALWAYS COSTS LESS AND MUCH BETTER
> > > QUALITY THAN THAT NASTY PREGROUND MYSTERY MEAT.

> > <yawn>
> >
> > ===
> >
> > So do I! shrug
> >

> What cuts do you prefer for grinding?
>
> ===
>
> It is hard for me to say. You call your cuts different to ours
>
> I normally just use cheap cuts. Does that make any sense?

Yes. Thats what I use too. Most ground beef and pork are from the
less expensive cuts. They actually work better IMHO.

I'm with you on the names. We have one called 'london broil' (no
relation to actual London cuts, but a method of cooking). With care,
London Broil can make an excellent steak cut but it's tough as nails if
overcooked.

https://culinarylore.com/dishes:what-is-london-broil/

Flank or top round might be your name for it and yes, we know those are
radically parts of the cow....

We did a fairly sizable grinding run last weekend.