Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bruce[_33_] Bruce[_33_] is offline

Default Cloth Napkins vs Paper Towels (WAS: Dover Sole!)

On Fri, 22 May 2020 08:58:26 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Fri, 22 May 2020 07:18:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>cshenk wrote:
>>>
>>> Thats not true Sheldon. There are no stockpiles at the factories.
>>> Deliveries are still happening in normal amounts.

>>In Sheldon's defense, there was a mention one time on the
>>national news that many truckers were refusing to deliver
>>goods to the New York City area as it was such a hot spot
>>for the virus. This was over a month ago.

>The shortages lasted only a couple of days and then the truckers
>resumed deliveries. The TP shortage only affected those cheap
>*******s who refuse to stock up on necessaries.... a lot of people buy
>TP by the single roll, that's why they're sold by the single roll...
>same as a lot of women buy tampons one at a time from a machine.

What a kerfuffle y'all make of this. But, anyway, Toilet Paper Gate
seems to be over. We were at a supermarket yesterday and they had more
toilet paper than we could have taken home, including a new
"Australian Made" brand. And no more limitation.