Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Martin[_4_] Sheldon Martin[_4_] is offline

Default Dover Sole!

On Thu, 21 May 2020 09:12:14 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> I never run the washer or dryer without being home and closeby... at
>> times washer fill hoses burst and dryers have lint fires.

>Whenever I go off for the day, everything is turned off except
>for the fridge. No lights, fans, heat/ac. Not even a crockpot
>to slowly cook your meal while you are at work.
>
>IMO, whenever you leave, always consider something
>unplanned might happen and you won't get back home for
>many days. Just my old Boy Scout motto - Be Prepared.
> (for anything that could happen)
>
>And my personal interpretation of that:
>If you prepare for the worse case scenario,
>you'll always be prepared.

I see no point in turning off the electric, I don't need to return and
reset all the clocks. In summer I leave the A/C on, it costs more to
cool the entire house than what's saved in electric turning it off.
Central A/C is on a thermostat, if we're gone for a day or two the
thermostat gets reset a few degrees higher. And we have LED night
lights that use .8W and shut off in day time. All our outdoor
lighting is LED, on at dusk off at dawn and very low wattage... a 10W
LED flood gives the light of a 150W incandescent. Most all our indoor
lighting has already been changed to LED. When an incandescent bulb
burns out it gets changed to LED. When we're not home we don't want
the house in darkness like no one is home. There are no street lights
here so we installed our own outdoor lighting... LED lighting is very
inexpensive.