Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Cloth Napkins vs Paper Towels (WAS: Dover Sole!)

Dave Smith wrote:

> I can't see the Covid19 situation increasing the need or use of toilet
> paper. I might suggest that, given way that people are hoarding it,
> leading to shortages on store shelves I imagine that people are finding
> ways to cut down on their TP consumption. I am wondering how much the
> manufacturers are planning to make and how much retailers want to have
> to store. At some point this situation will clear up and people will
> be confident of finding it in stores again and they are going to stop
> hoarding it. Lots of people who used to buy it weekly, biweekly or
> monthly are going to have several months supply. Manufacturers and
> retailers will be paying a lot of money for warehouse space to store the
> stuff that is not selling.

I have a theory that once people stop this tp hoarding panic,
and plenty is on the shelves all the time again, all those
hoarders won't buy any for months. This could lead to a
large supply surplus and no demand.

At that time, TP might go on great sale prices just because
nobody is buying and they need to sell off the surplus.