Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Dover Sole!

jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/18/2020 1:21 PM, Gary wrote:
> > Dave Smith wrote:
> >> While Chinese may recoil at the thought of stuffing a wad of snotty
> >> cloth into to their pockets they have a reputation for grossing out
> >> others by spitting everywhere.

> > LOL. Forget that Chinese theory for a minute...
> > Ever watch an american MLB baseball game? ;-D
> >

> That's cuz they've got a bit of snuff tucked between their teeth and
> jaw. That's a disgusting habit, too.

Just a correction, Jill. Snuff is powdered tobacco that you
sniff up your nose to get a quick hit of nicotine.
Same as sniffing a line of cocaine for that drug.
I never tried snuff.

Chewing tobacco is the moistened tobacco that you put
"between cheek and gum" to more slowly get nicotine.
That's what they spit out occasionally as saliva dissolves it.

I did try that once. A guy I worked with used it and
I asked him for a bit to try. Horrors. Rather than occasionally
spit out saliva, I spit the entire mess out a few seconds
later. arrghh!