Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Dover Sole!

On 5/20/2020 3:09 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 1:28:45 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I was merely commenting about the people who think they need an "app"
>> for everything. Common sense would tell you, when you put the laundry
>> in the washer, add detergent and start the washer. Who the hell needs
>> an app for that?!
>>
>> Jill
>>

> Yes, that's true. I watch "This Old House" and quite frequently they are
> introducing appliances and such that comes with an app. There's so many
> now it's a wonder their phones even have memory left.

I wish I understood the mentality of having phones and apps take over
every aspect of some peoples lives. What, you can't lock your doors at
night without using your Smartphone? You do realize you're broadcasting
that info, right? Doesn't sound smart to me.

sf used to call me a luddite. I'm not denying it. I simply think
having everything controlled by a telephone is pretty darned stupid. I
can just reach out and turn the lock on the door. Don't need a phone to
do it. I can adjust my thermostat and set it in ranges. Don't need a
phone to do it. I don't need a phone to turn my lights on and off,
either. There are apps for that. Go figure.

Jill