Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Cloth Napkins vs Paper Towels (WAS: Dover Sole!)

On 5/20/2020 1:02 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 11:35:43 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I can't see the Covid19 situation increasing the need or use of toilet
>> paper. I might suggest that, given way that people are hoarding it,
>> leading to shortages on store shelves
>>

> I can imagine an increase in the use of toilet paper at home. Mom & dad were
> working and used the bathroom facilities there. Kids were in school and used
> the bathroom facilities there. But when many companies shutdown and kids were
> no longer going to school suddenly you've got four, five, six, or more people
> at home using the house bathroom and the house toilet paper 24/7.

Absolutely, Joan. This is a unique situation. I cannot recall a time
in my life when most people were ordered to stay home and school has
been cancelled indefinitely. Parents who never gave a thought to
home-schooling are suddenly having to do it. Everyone's at home so of
course they're using more TP at home. Maybe they're trying to use less
of it but the fact remains, suddenly everyone in the house is at home 24/7.

> But I do think a lot of people were and are panic buying and buying as much
> toilet paper and paper towels they can. That's why most all stores limited
> shoppers to one pack of each. Now were those packs the huge ones or were
> they just small 4 or 6 rolls?

I don't know about the size of the packs when it comes to a limit per.
I do know I saw some people really stocking up as early as the beginning
of March, well before anyone really knew how big this thing was going to
be. I saw a woman buying 3 twelve roll packs. That's all she bought.
Prescient?

I surely never thought it would get this bad.

I think if Sheldon has 300 rolls of toilet paper stashed in his basement
he should be a pal and send me a few rolls.

Jill