Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Dover Sole!

On 5/14/2020 2:42 PM, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I used the "New York Times" cookbook recipe.
>>> I seem to remember they said to also puree it, then chill.
>>>
>>> Neither of those final options appealed to me so I ate
>>> it all hot and chunky. Same ingredients and taste.
>>>
>>> Changing the name because of that seems a bit odd to me.

>> Why? A particular recipe has a unique name. If you don't
>> prepare it that way, the unique name doesn't fit.
>>
>> Suppose I made bouillabaisse but I left out the seafood.
>> Is it still bouillabaisse?

> You snipped my last comment to make your futile point.
>
> "If ordered in a restaurant though, it would be expected
> to be pureed and chilled."

If ordered in a restaurant, "Vichyssoise" is not something I would
order. I do NOT like chilled soup. I don't run a restaurant, Gary. I
make hot potato leek soup sometimes served in toasted bread bowls.
Barring that, at least topped with nicely toasted croutons. You're
nitpicking over names of soup.

You've made it perfectly clear you don't like pureed soups. Okay, fine.
No one is forcing you to eat pureed soup. All I said was I had to go
to a different grocery store to find leeks. You said onions would be
the same... no they aren't. They don't taste the same as leeks. Please
Stop arguing.

Jill