ScratchMonkey

"Paul M. Cook©®" > wrote in
news:amw6d.10120$dt2.7507@trnddc09:

> "Jimmy G" > wrote in message
>> Your book is bogus. Bisquick makes the best pancakes for the $.
>>

> Bleh!
>
> Try making them fresh - it's haredly any more work and the pancakes
> are so much better. Add a touch of cornmeal, about 2 tablespoons,
> and you'll really have a taste treat that Bisquick can't touch.

Isn't Bisquick just flour, shortening, and baking powder? The hard part is
probably cutting in the shortening, so the mix arguably saves a difficult
step.

I'll have to try the cornmeal. Is it anything like "Cream of Wheat"
pancakes? (IHOP sells these as "Country Griddle Cakes".) I've loved those
since I was a kid.