James Silverton

"Dale Williams" > wrote in message
> Monday we had dinner at some friends. He was cooking some Indian

recipes, we
> were asked to bring wine. I tend to opt more for beer, but I'll make

do. Seemed
> to me the best options were bubbly

It's really not worth it to drink wine with strongly spiced Indian
food, IMHO and experience, although mild things like birianis might
work. Most wines that I can taste while eating a curry would
ordinarily be dreimannerweine :-) I'd stick to beer, lassi or even
ice-water. I have to admit that I recently had an enjoyable Thai meal
where we had two bottles of Sancerre but I am not converted!

--
James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA