Mack©®

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:16:54 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

>"Mack©®" > wrote in message
.. .
>> you are not confusing matzo ball soup with what someone would consider
>> a dumpling are you?

>Not sure if that was meant for Les or me. I've never eaten a matzo ball,
>but what was in this soup was definitely dumplings. They had that sort of
>bumpy, uneven surface that biscuity dumplings do.

it was meant for Les. Matzo balls are made from Matzo meal and egg.
depending on who makes them other ingredients will be added. You form
the mix into balls and drop into chicken broth to cook all the way
through. I actually like large matzo balls so that requires a lengthy
cooking time. I use a large ice scream scoop to measure the mix. I
think it tastes best when you cook the matzo ball soup for at least 2
days. simmer 4 to 5 hours one day then simmer the same the next day.
The matzo balls are firm nothing like a dumpling. Adding veggies and
some chicken meet is also an option. Because of the carb content of
Matzo Balls I don't eat more than 2 in a single bowl of soup.

Mck©®
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
terrorism.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."

....Theodore Roosevelt

Have you heard of the NO-CARB Diet for 2004?

NO C-heney
NO A-shcroft
NO R-umsfeld
NO B-ush