Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Crab cakes tonight

On 3/26/2020 5:47 PM, wrote:
> On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 11:18:14 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> Bought a pound of lump crab meat so that will be dinner tonight. I just
>> mixed it up ahead of time so it will be simple later. I'll also peel
>> potatoes and put them in the pot to boil and mash later.
>>
>> My son and DIL will be over later so there will be help in the kitchen
>> if needed but should be simple enough. I'm hibernating but they live
>> next door and I see the 4 or 5 times a week anyway.
>>

> Enjoy!!

Turned out good.
I mixed an egg, 1/4 cup mayo, old bay, green onion, dijon mustard,
Worcestershire sauce. Then added the lump crab meat.

I formed a thick patty, dredged in panko, then fried. They were kind of
loose, two did break, but overall, came out good.

Mashed potatoes, Italian mixed veggies, chardonnay. Even used the good
crystal for the wine.