Dave Smith

LM wrote:

> I'll be in Toronto, Canada in a couple weeks with some time on my hands.
> What would people recommend doing/seeing/eating while there?
> Can't be anything very expensive tho, we'll be on a budget.
> We'll have a car, but would prefer to use public transport, and we'll be
> staying in a hotel not too far from the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.

You will certainly have lots of options. Toronto is a very ethnically
diverse city. You budget will probably preclude your eating at or near the
convention centre. If you like Chinese food, one of Toronto's several
Chinatowns is just a few blocks north of the Convention Centre. Between the
CC and that Chinatown you will find Queen St. West, which has a nice variety
of restaurants, and most are quite reasonable. If you like Greek food there
is a "Greek Village" on Danforth. Hope on the subway and take the
Bloor-Danforth line east and get out at the Broadview stop or the next one.
There are several reasonably priced restaurants in the area of the St.
Lawrence Market. Papillon servers French and French Canadian dishes and is
not at all expensive.