Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_11_] Ophelia[_11_] is offline

Default The All-You-Can-Eat Buffet Keeps America Free

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 10:41:56 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:12:10 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Jeßus" wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> >On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 09:51:14 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >>I guess I'll just have to stay unfree. I can't eat more than one plate
> >>of food and steam-table cuisine holds no attraction for me.

> >Agreed, and in 99.9% of cases, buffet food is disgusting. At least the
> >Western concept of buffet is disgusting. I do like the Asian approach
> >where you cook your own fresh fish, meat and veggies at your own table
> >though.
> >
> >====
> >
> > That sounds great! I've never seen that! I don't like buffets much
> >either but I would like that

> <Hmm, I still have hit send since yesterday....>
>
> https://postimg.cc/gallery/3cy4una3s/
>
> Here's a few pics to give you and idea. I've never taken any pics of
> the buffets itself, but here are the two most common ways of DIY
> buffets in Thailand.
>
> ===
>
> Thank you! So, is that a central cooking (thingy) and they all put
> their food on that? It looks jolly good though
>
> I had imagined each person had a little cooker of their own LOL Not
> very practical. No, that looks good

We went to a Korean yakiniku joint recently. It's a buffet type deal except
most of the meat is served raw. If you love meat it's a great place to go. I
liked the Jello cubes. These places will have a tube hanging down from the
ceiling which suck up the smoke from the grill or there will be vents on the
side of the grill which suck down the smoke. It's a lot of fun for the young
folks.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...cy_HYIK2XbMWy3

====

Well I am not young, but it looks good to me))