PENMART01

>(Greg Zywicki)
>
>Any other suggestions for what to do with whole Mace?

The same thing that's done with other whole spices, grind em for use in recipes
calling for ground mace.

Blade mace is often used as part of a bouquet garni in stocks but for those who
desire full potency in say baked goods they grind the blades just before use.
Blade mace stays potent just about forever but once ground fades quite rapidly.
I don't use mace all that often so I keep only blade mace; I use a bit whole
in chicken stock and grind a bit as needed for some baked goods. Mace is a
comparatively costly spice so I find it silly to buy it ground and then not use
it all for years... and I'd never even consider buying ground mace or any of
the ground baking spices/blends from the stupidmarket.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon