Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Dinner Tonight (Has nothing to do with turkey)

jmcquown wrote:

> Crab and shrimp alfredo with penne pasta. Pasta cooked al dente, of
> course...

And of course, your al dente pasta won't be by the time that
casserole cooks for another 40 minutes.

> Add drained canned lump crab, canned baby shrimp.

Both already cooked then cooked even more in your casserole.
You live in a fresh seafood mecca yet you use canned crab
and shrimp? Inconceivable! I've always used fresh
or frozen, never the overcooked canned.

BTW, if all you've ever had is canned shrimp, no wonder
you don't like shrimp.

You've also often told us how you dislike shrimp.
Why did you add that?

> It's in the oven now, 350F. Bake about 40 minutes until the mixture is
> bubbly and the top is browned. That seems to be the directions on most
> standard casseroles.

Sounds very good. Same as Hamburger Helper can be good.
I would like it but I'm surprised that you would.