Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shattered oven door.

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 12:52:08 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>> On 11/18/2019 10:21 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> snip
>>
>>Of course I can find an appliance repair person but I bought the cheapest
>>stove possible. Probably not worth it to repair.
>>

> I always thought that if the price of a repair was less than the price
> of new, it was an indulgence to buy new when money is tight.
> Janet US

Yes but this stove will need at least two burners replaced soon. Last time I
ordered a burner, it was $35 plus shipping. If the glass is $70 plus
shipping then about $75 for installation (45 min,) the another $70 (or more)
plus shipping, that's over $215. The other two burners would need to be
replaced soon after. That's another $70+. Add in the drip pans which I will
also need soon because while I was in the hospital, my ex put the brand new
ones in and ruined them.

A new stove is $430. So it doesn't seem prudent to repair.