Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shattered oven door.

"U.S. Janet B." > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2019 21:45:14 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Had an incident with he who longer lives here (Just me and the cats now)
>>where the oven door shattered. The claim is he slipped on oil on the
>>floor,
>>his knee hit the door and it shattered. I did not buy this story as there
>>was no oil on the floor. I had Angela double check this. Yes, there had
>>been
>>oil on the floor two days prior and it took me a long time to clean it up.
>>So that part, I don't buy. Then there was the fact that other things in
>>the
>>kitchen were damaged and he claimed those damages were related to the
>>shattered oven door, but they couldn't possibly be. I am not going to get
>>into that!
>>

> snip
> can't you just contact an appliance repair man and get a new oven
> door?
> Janet US

I could I don't think it warrants the cost. I already replaced one burner
due to rust. That burner is the one I use the most and it looks like it
might need to be replaced again. The handyman who was out, said he might be
able to do it. I'll ask my old handyman who will be here soon. But it looks
like the part is around $70 plus shipping. Then there is the installation
fee. I had an appliance repair guy here once. $250. That's half the price of
a new stove. A used one is less than that. With just me here now, I won't be
doing much cooking.