Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_11_] Ophelia[_11_] is offline

Default Fruitcake season

"dsi1" wrote in message

I have not heard of storing fruitcake in a freezer. We used to just stash it
some place. It seems to keep just fine in tropical temperatures.

I used to make fruitcake with my mom during the holidays but haven't made it
for quite a while. Evidently, my mom used to pass it out during Christmas.
Evidently, it was appreciated. My auntie makes fruitcake using my mom's
recipe and passes them out. Hopefully, I'll get one this year. I would
appreciate it.

----

I have never heard of aging a fruit cake in the freezer either. It has
always been tradition in my family. They were well wrapped and stored in a
cake tin.