Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay[_352_] jay[_352_] is offline

Default The cost of convenience

On 11/11/19 10:13 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2019-11-11, jay > wrote:
>
>> On 11/11/19 8:35 AM, notbob wrote:

>>> died almost 10 yrs ago.

>> The sausage died long before he did.

> LOL......! True.
>
> About the same time McD's sausage did. They took the spices out. Less
> overhead w/ no spices. Nothing's changed. Ppl have become used to
> the lack of flavor.
>
> nb

There are so many nasty commercial sausage products. I particularly
detest the ones that have that bologna like texture i.e. those hosed
from the huge slurry vat.

I can attest that getting the seasoning correct in relation to the batch
size is tricky for DIY folks. BTDT ruined a good amount of nice meats
trying.

Best bet it seems is the small town meat market. I know of a couple
makers that are remarkable .. at least according to me.