Posted to rec.food.baking
[email protected] larrywatkins1@gmail.com is offline

Default Can I refrigerate cheesecake batter?

I have a small, local cheesecake business. I use fresh eggs in my batter and regularly store the batter in gallon baggies in the fridge at 40 degrees for sometimes a week. I never freeze any batter. Take the baggie of refrigerated batter out and set on counter (NEVER use the microwave) and let it come to room temperature (about 1 to 1.5 hours) before using it. I have found that if I store it for more than a week, the perfect consistency is no longer achievable. I try to limit it to 3 days, but in rare instances Ive used it within 6 days with no problems.