Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default It's only $4.99. But Costco's rotisserie chicken comes at a huge price

On Tuesday, October 15, 2019 at 8:50:48 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> I don't know. Maybe they will use the whole birds in the meat case as
> the rotisserie needs grow.

My guess is that Costco has a shitload of bagged chicken in the back. You can get a double bag of some of that chicken in the meat case. They're great looking birds - better than the stuff that's in my local supermarkets. I believe they go for about $10 for two. That's damn cheap!

My friend asked me if I wanted to buy some huli-huli chicken for the Knights of Columbus fundraiser. It's 4 half pieces of chicken for $25. The chickens are kind of small ones - about half the size of Costco's. It it was anybody else, I'd say "no thanks!" but she's a old friend of my dad and anyway, it goes to help support some weird old dudes that like to dress up like they was in some G&S opera. I believe that to be a fine and noble cause!

http://saintcatherineschurch.org/images/DSC_0216.JPG