Mike Petro

>Shyne wrote:
>> ...In times when you don't want them (which is 99.9% of the time for me, as
>> I am basically a non-drug/alcohol/tobacco/caffeine user - i.e., I only eat
>> food and beverages with no mind-altering properties) that is.
>>
>> Basically I am really annoyed how often I have to _specifically check_ what
>> foods and beverages I consume to make sure they don't contain any IRRITATING
>> compounds. For example, today I had a couple candy bars (chocolate
>> containing) and I had trouble getting relaxed in the evening, thanks to the
>> irritants (caffeine, etc) in these candy bars. I'm someone who has dealt
>> with mental health issues in the past (in my teens and early 20's) and I
>> just recently (4 months ago) quit cannabis, caffeine, and psychiatric
>> medications (Risperdal and Effexor) all cold turkey, all at once.
>>
>> I now try my best every day to live a healthy lifestyle and exercise when I
>> can on my days off. What really ****es me off is how our society has such a
>> relaxed attitude towards caffeine and its related alkaloids, when in fact
>> they are probably one of the biggest causes of heart disease - which is in
>> fact the #1 killer of human beings in the United States.
>>
>> I have come to the conclusion that the U.S. Government only legalizes the
>> consumables which are the most deadly, so essentially they are mass
>> murderers. Alcohol is a poison, caffeine is toxic, and nicotine is a
>> poison. On the other hand, everything that is _illegal_ has some or many
>> medicinal uses to keep people healthy, whether that be spiritually or
>> physically - cannabis is the most healthy plant known to mankind, coca
>> leaves are one of the most nutricious of plants, and opium poppies have
>> thousands of medicinal uses. And they are all illegal for citizens to
>> possess or consume. Ironic, isn't it...

Dear Shyne,

My recommendation to you is to find your nearest Narcotics Anonymous
group and get involved! They can teach you how to live a drug free
HAPPY life IF you let them. The first thing you will learn is that the
problem is YOU, not everyone and everything around you. Sugar,
caffeine, and other mild mood altering substances are only a problem
if your use of them makes your life unmanageable. If you find it
annoying that you have to read the labels to ensure that you don't
ingest what amounts to poison to you, then either get over it or get
back on the drugs. The world is not going to conform to your
weaknesses, and just because you cant handle something doesn't mean
that other people cant. All of that hogwash about legalization of
drugs is just rearmaments of your drug addicted past. The problem that
you are dealing with right now is that you have lost your best friend
(drugs) and you haven't figured out how to live at peace with yourself
with out them. Excuse me for not being very sympathetic, but I know
from experience that you can either be miserable, or you can live at
peace with yourself, and the choice is yours not anybody else's.
Seriously, go find a NA meeting, it will absolutely be the best
possible move you can make! There will be many people there who have
been EXACTLY where you are right now.

Been there, done that, came out the other side.....
Clean and sober for 16 years.

Mike P.