Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Default It's only $4.99. But Costco's rotisserie chicken comes at a huge price

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 10/11/2019 10:29 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >

> > Interesting article.
> >
> > https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/busin...ken/index.html
> >

> The numbers are incredible and that is just for Costco. Many other
> rotisserie chicken outlets. Same with the millions of hot dogs they sell.

Geez, and I'm old enough to remember that if we wanted chicken, we'd go out to the henhouse and then it was "chop - chop"... ;-)

Few if any rural peeps where I grew up raise chickens anymore...but one of my work comrades has about a dozen chickens and ducks for eggs, and they are also pets...it is not really "cost - effective" for them, it is more of a hobby thing...

The local Mariano's (owned by Kroger) always has the two for ten bucks rotisserie chicken deal, they are a staple for me...just cutting up a couple now for use in next week's work lunches...

--
Best
Greg