View Single Post
  #65 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster

Default Quebec-style "BBQ" sauce (St Hugert or Chalet versions)

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 20:31:23 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, September 30, 2019 at 11:46:35 AM UTC-10, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 10:39:24 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >On Monday, September 30, 2019 at 2:03:45 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
>> >> dsi1 wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> > The Hawaiians dig Krispy Kreme. Unfortunately, there's only one in the state and it's on the island of Maui.
>> >>
>> >> Funny. Think about what you just said. If Hawaiians like Krispy
>> >> Kreme, like in MANY hawaiians, there would be several on each
>> >> island. Especially on popular tourist Oahu.
>> >
>> >I have to wonder why you'd think how you think you know so much about this rock if you're thousands of miles away. I don't know a damn thing about where you live nor would I make comments or offer my analysis of your culture and business environment. That would be presumptuous.
>> >
>> >I only report what the heck is going on this rock, as unlikely as it may seem. Going to Maui and bringing back Krispy Kreme is a thing over here. People will cart back large number of boxes of the stuff and sell it as fund-raisers for their clubs. I've never bought a box of imported KK but MANY Hawaiians have. I don't find an hours old KK doughnut to be that appealing.
>> >
>> >OTOH, on my last trip to Maui, it was important that we visit this legendary temple to the gods of fat, carbs, and sugar. My guess is that the Kahului KK is a must see only for the locals. Visitors from the mainland would baulk at going to a doughnut shop during their Hawaiian vacation. That's a good thing. Don't come to Hawaii to visit no stinkin' doughnut shop! OTOH, I highly recommend Leonard's Bakery if you're on Oahu.
>> >
>> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ74T6qpuVQ

>>
>>
>> I prefer Punalu'u.

>
>AKA, the Southernmost bakery in the US. I've never been there - perhaps one day, I will.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdGaExyjN74

That southern drive is terrific.