Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Quebec-style "BBQ" sauce (St Hugert or Chalet versions)

dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, September 30, 2019 at 2:03:45 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> > >
> > > The Hawaiians dig Krispy Kreme. Unfortunately, there's only one in the state and it's on the island of Maui.

> > Funny. Think about what you just said. If Hawaiians like Krispy
> > Kreme, like in MANY hawaiians, there would be several on each
> > island. Especially on popular tourist Oahu.

> I have to wonder why you'd think how you think you know so much about this rock if you're thousands of miles away. I don't know a damn thing about where you live nor would I make comments or offer my analysis of your culture and business environment. That would be presumptuous.

If Hawaiians all like Krispy Kreme donuts, I find it very funny
that there is only ONE store in your entire state...and that one
on a different island, far far away. Don't you see the humor in
that? Sounds to me like very few Hawaiians like them.

> Don't come to Hawaii to visit no stinkin' doughnut shop!

No problem...there isn't any unless I visit Maui.

> OTOH, I highly recommend Leonard's Bakery if you're on Oahu.

Damn, and all this time I thought Leonard lived in Nevada.