Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bruce[_28_] Bruce[_28_] is offline

Default Quebec-style "BBQ" sauce (St Hugert or Chalet versions)

https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_yl...g&action=close

>>I like crullers and KK makes those as well as about 2 dozen other varieties and
>>flavors of donuts. A cruller is denser though and really not the same. But
>>my all-time favorite donut is just a plain cake donut. No powdered sugar,
>>no cinnamon sugar, just plain please. I guess it's that nutmeg that draws me
>>in and the cakey texture.

>I also prefer a cakey baked donut... Entenmanns has great devilsfood
>donuts.

Are they really great? (just checking)

Entenmann's Donuts, Devil's Food Crumb
"Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Vegetable Shortening (Soybean,
Cottonseed), Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour [Flour, Malted Barley
Flour, Reduced Iron, Niacin, Thiamin Mononitrate (B1), Riboflavin
(B2), Folic Acid], Water, Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Dextrose, Egg
Yolks, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Egg Whites, Modified Food Starch
(Corn, Tapioca), Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate,
Sodium Aluminum Phosphate), Salt, Glycerine, Wheat Starch, Corn Syrup,
Soy Flour, Nonfat Milk, Karaya Gum, Guar Gum, Tapioca Dextrin,
Cornstarch, Cellulose Gum, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Xanthan
Gum, Mono- and Diglycerides, Soy Lecithin, Molasses, Calcium
Carbonate, Calcium Sulfate, Artificial Color, Agar, Filberts, Carob
Bean Gum, Sodium Phosphate, Caramel Color. Contains Nuts"